Did you know?
The yield from investing in our recommended solar package outperforms some of the top unit trust funds in South Africa (20.9% IRR and avg. 28.2% ROI).
Micro inverters are the only type of inverter which carry warranties of up to 20 years.
Energy Neutral means reducing your Eskom account to almost R0.00 while still retaining your Eskom connection. “Of the Grid“ means disconnecting from Eskom 100% and installing a large battery bank which could double the cost of your energy system.
You do not need batteries to run your solar installation. You can also install your energy system in phases, as and when it suits you.
It has been widely publicized that Eskom recently requested an electricity tariff increase, so what does this mean for you, the consumer? Eskom was awarded a multi-year increase by NERSA which spans across 5 financial years and runs from 2012/2013 to 2017/2018. This approved increase was set at 8% per annum. In late 2014 and early 2015 however Eskom successfully bid for an additional 4.69% increase so the actual increase effective 1 April 2015 was 12.69%. Eskom recently though requested an immediate re-look at this price increase and and as per NERSA’s media statement released 8 May 2015, is now asking for an additional 12.6% increase. That would put the total increase in electricity tariffs for the 2015 year at 25.3%. Meanwhile Eskom is burning expensive diesel and gas to keep the lights on and the large scale power plant projects (like Medupe) are delayed time and again. This is an ominous sign of what lies ahead.
Who or What is maxEnergy?
Due to the prevailing energy crisis in South Africa, there are a legion of products from all over the world launching into the local domestic market. Each one promising better yields, more value for money, longer life spans, less maintenance, etc etc. than the next. They aim to harness various resources available in the home environment – from solar rays dancing off your roof to brown water recycling by anaerobic digestion. So, if you are interested in this kind of thing, which option would you choose? What would give you the best return for your buck, or suite your lifestyle best?
At maxEnergy, we aim to help you solve this riddle. We are not product specific agents, but instead we give you, the client, our recommended options, from a pool of available (tried, tested and certified) technologies, and based on our extensive knowledge and experience in the renewable energy field.
Excuse the pun, but in light of the fact South Africa has exceptional sunlight radiation, solar is one of the most obvious options to consider when looking at energy generation for your home – nothing as exciting as uncle Piet’s super-efficient micro diesel generator with specialised gearing ratio’s that can turn 1L of diesel into a gazillion KwH. Nope, sorry, just plain old solar panels on your roof. But “plain old”… not so sure that term is relevant any longer. The solar space is continually coming up with new innovations. The last 7 years has for example seen the development and roll out of what is termed “Solar Micro Inverters”.Want to know more? Click Here.
Click here to download our latest AP Systems Brochure. Click here…
We are proud to announce MaxEnergy is now a GreenFin supplier….
“A total grid collapse is what we don’t want to…
National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) begins its public…
Solar Energy Every hour the sun beams onto Earth more…
May 29 2015 at 10:00am By Melanie Gosling, Cape Times…
Click here to download our June Flyer!
- 1 of 1